Sunday, December 18, 2011

Elf on the Shelf


For whatever reason, Elf on the Shelf has exploded this year.
Everyone is doing it.
People who aren't doing it worry about their kids wondering where their elf is.
People are setting up weird situations to put the elf in.
It's all a lot to take in!

I received our Elf on the Shelf from my Step Mom, years ago.
She was way ahead of the game, thanks Mar!

Needless to say, I had to pick the elf over my countdown calendar.
I couldn't do both!
Move the elf each night OR put a new activity in the calendar?!
I will move the elf.  I will work on multi-tasking next year.

Our elf is named "Little Elf."  Most creative name ever.
And the kids LOVE HIM.
Every morning they look for him and get hysterical when he does silly stuff...
he hangs from lights, eats Oreos, repels from the star on the tree...the normal elf stuff.

We hope you are having a fun holiday season!

5 comments:

  1. This is the first year for our Elf, too. I agree that it is a little much - gets kind of too commercial for me - but Ellen loves it. My other advent activities are chronically behind - it's hard to keep up with Elf Nicholas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our elves have started following us everywhere. Even to Disneyland! We're totally out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Elf....what a simple but delightful idea !! The kids are at a perfect age to enjoy the make believe world of Little Elf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cracked me up! Yes, it's EVERYWHERE this year! I opted out this year, but pretty sure we'll do it next year when maybe she'll get it a little more. He honestly creeps me out a bit, but I've heard how much everyone's kids love it- so guess I'll move the little guy around next year! ;) Hope you all have an amazing Christmas. Lots of hugs and kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over how much the kids love the elf though! It is crazy!

    ReplyDelete