As some of you know, I work at our church and for those of you that aren't in Kansas City...it's an extremely large church that is run more like a corporation in the sense that you have large gatherings and business type meetings to keep you afloat of what is going on with the church. Well today we had one of those quarterly large staff meetings and they happened to play this song by Phillip Phillips. I have heard this song 100 times and it never quite resonated with me like it did today. They play this song for people that are attending Care Night. I kept hearing these lyrics:
Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave (wave) is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home
I kept thinking about Jesus and how much I love knowing that He is my home. I always thought of this song in a love relation way and now I won't ever hear it the same. I want to know that when I move off the path or sometimes dive off the cliff, that I can always come back. I can always come back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment