Well, we finally pulled the trigger.
We have two unfinished "basement" areas. One is a true basement which still acts as that now with storage and a place for the kids to play but it's all concrete. This area that we made into Noah's room was on the same level as our sub-basement and was already insulated and had electrical...it just needed to be finished, add a window, etc. to make it a real bedroom.
Nate used to office in here so he got kicked out but I think this was a great decision.
Noah and Blaire have their own space to each make their own and all of us aren't living on top of each other anymore. Amen and amen.
Before pics...
Some drywall and a window...woohoo...
Paint, a bed and a kid...woot.
Higher bed, helmets, his sister laying in his bed...yahtzee!
Miss B got a new room too if painting and new furniture count as a new room.
I mean she was sleeping in a toddler bed. OMG.
Now that she's in a bigger bed I almost feel bad. It was so small.
We still have lots to hang up, drapes to buy, and they need to scuff one of their newly painted walls before it's truly done.
I'm just thankful everyone has their own room now!

Looks good! Way to go! Also, I love Blaire's bedding.
ReplyDeleteThank you! She wanted purple and I wasn't sure but I love how it turned out.
DeleteBlaire made a great choice, Purple looks good! You did a lot of work on Noah's basement room --- where did you put all the storage items? And a Window too!!
ReplyDeleteWe went through and got rid of a ton of stuff but the lowest basement is still a large storage area.
Delete