Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Pulled It Off...

Nate was actually surprised when I threw him a birthday party.
Woot! Woot!
He said he didn't have a clue...love that.
HAPPY 34TH BIRTHDAY to Nate! (It's tomorrow but it's been a bday weekend.)
I reserved a space at a local sports bar, Austin's.
About 20 of our neighbors and friends showed up to celebrate Nate.
So thankful for our sweet friends in Kansas City...when you don't have family close, your true friends step in and they have all been so amazing.

My sweet friend Val...Mike and Nate have been known to golf some and they lived in our old neighborhood in Jenks. This was a real treat because we never see each other without the babies!

Our neighbors on another street...Bill and Camie.
Camie is famous to those of you that know me because she is the "Super Nurse" who clocked in to be Blaire's nurse and took her right after I delivered. She gave her the first bath and everything...so special.

Nate's Birthday wouldn't be the same without Alicia and Mitch. I surprised Nate a few years ago and they met us for a night of bowling. Nate and Mitch are long time friends.

My sweet moms group friends, Sara and Maureen, whose husbands hang out with Nate. Motherhood would not be the same without these girls and therefore Nate would not have a sane wife and so in the end, they are a birthday gift for Nate...a happy, vented, emotionally stable wife. :)

Chad, Noel, Sara and Kevin...our neighbors on our street.
Great people and so much fun!

A group shot

I had to get Nate his Dallas Cowboys cake...they didn't do OSU so we settled for this.
It's the one time where I can say Nate is 5 years older than me...I only have 3 more months of that. Gasp! I'm getting old.

Love this guy!

My partner in crime, Candi. I would not have been able to pull it off without her.
Love ya girly! Her husband, Brian, took Nate and got him out of the house and then brought him to the restaurant where we were supposed to be having dinner with the kids. Nate didn't think anything of it when I told him to change out of his "not so cute" shorts and that Candi and I needed girl time.

Do I really stand like this? Oh Lord.

Deborah and Nate
Deborah and Scott are our closest family here and we aren't even related by blood, ha!
Her sister is married to Nate's first cousin.
Some of our other neighbors. Bill, on the right, took pictures all night.
Yay for Bill!
Happy Birthday babe!
I hope you had an awesome weekend.
YOU ARE SO LOVED.
I hope 34 is the best year yet.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you look FABULOUS! Happy to see the BBM girls. Missing it so much out here.

    Great party. Well done!

    ReplyDelete