Saturday, March 31, 2012

All Things Easter

I started with Easter activities a little early but that's okay...it worked out fine.
We dyed eggs last week and of course the kids loved it...until Nate ate Noah's blue eggs!
He was horrified.  Nate needed them for a salad and didn't realize he would be so upset.  Ha!




I bought these little PAAS Q-tip like swabs with colors...that was the best idea!
One little snap of the tip and they could dot or color away.


He was so happy.  This was PRE-Nate eating eggs moment.


I guess it's weird but I gave them their Easter baskets this morning...I mean in my thoughts, they went to an Egg Hunt this morning where they needed their baskets so I figured why not open them today then use the baskets?  I also had cookies ordered and I didn't want to wait.  Plus I bought their loot over a week ago and if you know me, that is an ETERNITY to wait to give someone their gift.


The awesome cookie bouquet my girlfriend made...so yummy and cute!


Blaire and her carrot.

Noah's new DS game.  Super Mario!  

Then we went to our church Easter Egg Hunt...I was part of the group planning it and let me tell you that we haven't done an Easter Egg Hunt in years and we are planning for the unknown.  Not to mention we go to one of the largest Methodist churches in the country and we have over 1000 kids each weekend during worship.  With that being said, 10,000 eggs, inflatables, firetruck, full service breakfast, face painting and crafts all seemed like PLENTY for the unknown.  We found out quickly that we needed 20,000 eggs and that we need more inflatables!  All in all it was a success but wow, there were tons of people!


I had to help "man" the 0-2 year old field which meant I stood in the middle of out while everyone was out behind the flags.  Luckily, two other moms/friends were with me but it was torture for Blaire to be in there with me and not take any eggs.  She was such a trooper!  


Nate (straight from soccer) with the Easter bunny.


Whew!  Busy morning...going through their eggs with dad.
Of course, the true meaning of Easter is not candy, eggs and bunnies.
I pray that we can always focus on the Resurrection and the freedom we have because of it.
I'm almost thankful that next weekend on Easter we won't have eggs and candy to distract them from the real reason we celebrate.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! Your kiddos look soooo grown up! Miss you xoxo

    ReplyDelete