Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break

We spent a few days this week in Omaha and it was quite an interesting trip!
Noah was super sick the day before we left and I don't think he felt 100% during this trip so that made it really whiny.  :)
The first day we should have stayed in KC because we got there and then went to see The Lorax.


It was cute but the whole thing almost went downhill when Noah dropped his entire Sprite in the lobby.
He decided that was not in the plans and we wanted to go home.  He recovered though.


We stayed at Embassy Suites so we had 2 beds, thank goodness!
I got Blaire and Nate got Noah.
When Blaire tries to go to sleep, she does the weirdest stuff.
I was laughing the entire time which only made it worse!
As you can see, Noah was in a great mood.


On Wednesday, Nate worked and dropped us off at the zoo.
What a great zoo!  Definitely a must see zoo!
The biggest difference between the Omaha and KC Zoo is how close you can get to the animals in Omaha.  Wow, it was amazing!


Blaire and Noah in the rain forest.


Blaire hugged all of the statues.




I'm not even zooming.  This bear was cuddled up next to a window in this tunnel we could walk through...too close for comfort but we got up close!


After whining for an hour to ride in the stroller which I adamantly denied since he's 4 and looks 6 but I finally gave in because he was dragging and then the poor kid passed out.


That evening, we walked over to the Old Market area and went to dinner, walked the shops and ended at the candy store.  Fun times!

This tells me that we are NOT ready for Disneyworld, amen!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip..hope the windows were extra strong by the bear...

    ReplyDelete