Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Music City

Nate and I rarely get away so when we get the chance, I jump!
He had a work trip to Nashville so I tagged along.
Our kids were happy to stay with Grandma and Mimi and we were able to get away for a short 72 hours.  Whatever it takes!  :)


We stayed at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and that's means that the Grand Ole Opry was literally a bus stop away from the hotel.  We got tickets and we saw 6 bands!  Alabama was the main headliner but Mark Wills and Brett Eldredge were also there.  It was so awesome and the venue is truly amazing.


Spent a lot of time in our hotel which was basically acres and acres of atriums.  
One of the biggest hotels I have been to and I barely saw everything!


We couldn't leave Nashville without going downtown and experiencing it first hand.
We went to the famous bar, Tootsie's, and saw this guy.
I rekindled my love for country and we had a great night.


We caught a film crew filming my favorite show on TV, Nashville.
People had been waiting outside for 2 hours and hadn't seen any celebrities but they were inside!


This kid had fun at home playing basketball with Grandma. 
I think he made her play every sport.


The girls had fun with Mimi and I'm pretty sure 
Blaire forced played "make up."

All in all, everyone had a great time!  Except maybe our moms were tired.  :)
We are blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Moms are ready to go at it again!! Glad you and Nate could enjoy your short vacation. We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete