Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Girls Only Post

I honestly don't think I have any male readers besides my dad and Nate and they already know my issues...considering I had to have a sonogram to make sure everything was placed correctly and no worries, no baby in there. :) Dad and Nate...skip this post please!
This is a Mirena IUD...aka birth control device that is placed "up there."
My Mirena and I have a love/hate relationship.
First 5 months of my life with an IUD, I loved it.
I had been forgetting my birth control pills on a consistent basis when Blaire was a newborn and as much as I love babies, I didn't need a third quite yet so I did what all normal moms do....
ASK YOUR FRIENDS what they use.
Overwhelmingly, people loved their IUD.
My OBGYN loves the Mirena and thought it would be great for me.
It didn't hurt one bit when she put it in and we have been best friends ever since...
until last month.
Bleeding off and on for the first 6 months is very normal but I started bleeding and let me just tell you this is Day 33 of bleeding for me and I'M OVER IT.
Long story short...my body's ovulation is whacked out and hopefully after my now "normal" period it will all stop.
I have been emotional, happy, grumpy, eating more sweets, feeling bloated, and more tired than normal...well now I can blame my body! It thinks I'm supposed to be PMSing for 33 days!
To those thinking of getting an IUD...go for it...you won't even know your little friend exists.
I'm kicking the longest period of my entire life to the curb!

4 comments:

  1. Your body will LOVE you when it no longer has to deal with side affects of birth control pills!! I felt so much better when I got off of the pill and had an IUD and that was a loooong time ago....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lands. That is absolutely horrible. Why must a girl go through such things? And during motherhood no less. I cannot imagine. Praying things simma down now. I will never forget when Laura thought she was pregnant right after she had Luke...she about threw up. Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, after listening to yours and Aimee's stories these suckers SCARE me! I ain't interested, thank you. I'm sorry you have felt poopy!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! Birth control is so difficult and our bodies are so sensitive to every little change! I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete