Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas...did it really already happen?!

Christmas is my favorite time of year.
I love Christmas carols, I love Christmas traditions, decorations, food, everything.
I'm sad to see it go especially since this time between Thanksgiving and Christmas was extra short.
I'm taking a look back...

Our annual Santa pic at Bass Pro Shop.  Love.
It was one of those days where I went to the gym and didn't "get ready" for the day so I could care less what the kids were wearing until we got there.  I see Family #1 in all red shirts, Family #2 has the girls in coordinating Matilda Jane outfits and then it happens...Nate looks at me and says, "They are going to wear that?"  I look at him like he's an alien and say, "Yes."  I mean do I have coordinating outfits in my already too small diaper bag?!  Heck No.  The fact that he waited until we were in line to ask me this makes this partially his fault.  


Little Elf came to visit.  He had some s'mores among other things.


Tatum achieved climbing on top of Blaire's bed.  
It is a Toddler Bed so really she should be able to?


Noah clearly bonding with his sister while building a gingerbread house.


Seriously...these 4 dimples push me over the edge.
Cuuuuttteeee!  
Nate likes to send me pics when I'm gone and Tatum is happy or asleep in his arms.
Just rubbing it in!


Fuzzy Pre-Christmas Program pic.
Blaire did a fantastic job on stage.
Are you surprised?


Christmas #1 was supposed to be my brother and his family, sister and her family and my dad and step mom all coming to KC to do Christmas and have loads of fun.
Ice, snow and rain won this battle but Gar always comes through!
The kids loved their time with him.


Family Christmas Eve service at church.  Noah wanted nothing to do with the pic.  
He's 5 going on 15...so embarrassing, Mom!!


We made it to Tulsa and had Christmas with the Engles which was a blast.   I never take pics because Nate's mom is great about taking them but then I have nothing to put on here.  I will work on that!
Christmas with my mom had all the girl cousins doing karaoke and a dance party.  
Tatum was feeling the music!


Right before we headed back to KC, Tatum and I had breakfast with these loves of my life.
Jill and Brooke have been my friends since high school and they know me better than I know myself.
I love them like a real sister and I want to squeeze them and never let them go!
Jill wants to live in Chicago for the rest of her life...whatever.  
Brooke, I will come back to you in Tulsa, I swear.
Tatum caught up on all of our gossip.  She was so quiet after that first cup of coffee.  ;)


Now we are back home and it feels good.
We love, love, love going back to Tulsa but love being at our house too.
The kids are digging through all of their toys and gifts.  I'm purging the old stuff to make room for new stuff.  Nate is off work and we are just hanging out with the kiddos.  I wouldn't want it any other way!


I hope you had a great Christmas!
We are thankful to have an amazing family who blesses us and our children.
We love all of you!

1 comment: