I like the idea of resolutions. A new start. A fresh page in a book.
So I do a lot of reflecting...what could I do better, what are my priorities, how am I going to make myself and my family better in the New Year...and then I go forward.
My life is filled with deadlines, goals, schedules and lists. The last thing I need is major or even mini resolutions to make me feel like I have something else on my plate. And even worse, failing at them.
There is so much that I could list out to make myself a better version of me but it's exhausting and I'm finally at a place in my life where I feel certain. We have established our family, we have made our life in Kansas City, we do the best we can at giving our kids a great experience as they grow and I'm confident and comfortable with the person I have become. I'm good with not being perfect. I'm good with not always being the person you expect me to be. I may be grumpy one day and singing to the high heavens the next and I'm okay with that. I want my girls to know that they are beautiful and gorgeous inside and out. I want Noah to know how strong and perfectly made he is. I yell, I get caught up in the house not being clean and the dishes not being done, I get annoyed with strangers when they give me dirty looks because my kids are rowdy, I'm so guilty of being terrible BUT I am finally okay with it. (It might take me telling myself over and over that it's okay if strangers give weird looks!) I'm not here to please everyone else (and trust me, I was a MAJOR pleaser for a looooong time) and it feels good. I want to be authentic and honest and available for a genuine connection.
I hope that 2014 brings great things to all of us. The good news is that I believe in Jesus and everyday is a gift and a new start.
the Lord is gracious
and slow to anger
He is rich in love
He is good to all
all who call on Him
in truth He is near to
and He hears their cry
and saves them
and slow to anger
He is rich in love
He is good to all
all who call on Him
in truth He is near to
and He hears their cry
and saves them

Like!
ReplyDeletevery well said....you are very WISE mighty grasshopper.
ReplyDelete