Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sweet Friends

This weekend my very best friend, Brooke,
and her boyfriend, TJ, came up to visit.
We had such a good time...boys golfed, we baked, we all played poker,
and we all didn't get enough sleep.
I love spending quality time with good friends...it's so comforting and reminds me how fortunate we are to have such great and genuine people in our life.
We all laughed a lot, the kids got tons of play time and I could have cried when they left!

Noah and Teej...this kid doesn't shy away from asking someone to play tackle.
He has two helmets so he thinks that is just normal.

Blaire in her sweet new outfit from Brooke.
She was such a ham for them!

I LOVE THIS PIC.
It's such an amazing feeling when you see how much your children are loved.

I can foresee this same face in about 12 years.
Oh sweet Lord.

She is sooooo ready to crawl! I feel like it could be anytime!
She loves her Aunt BB.

Saturday when the guys went golfing we made homemade strawberry cupcakes.
When Brooke comes to visit we try to bake at least one thing.
It somehow always ends up being a hilarious event and
we have a delicious product to show for it!
This was Noah's "job" for about the first half hour. He had to pour in sprinkles and stir the mixture with sugar. He LOVED it. He needed something because he kept asking, "Where the cupcakes?" He wasn't too keen on the time it took to bake them.
Best. Baker. Ever.
Brooke makes cakes and cupcakes in her spare time and people request them at their parties and events...she is way talented. This is REALLY GOOD for me because I don't bake anything unless it comes in a mix. :)

I'm laughing in this picture because this was literally my ONLY contribution to the cupcakes.
She had to get it on camera.
I was the cleaner and the babysitter.
Noah had a ball counting out the cupcake liners.
We all had our aprons on for this but clearly Noah got over that part early on.
Chef and Little Chef
I'm in the background yelling at Noah to stop licking the batter!

Time out for some carrots. I think she liked them.

Time out for some arm carving. He clearly lost focus.

He's back in it.

The official judge.

Me and the babe...I seriously think this is our only pic together.
I never stop to ask people to take a pic!

We love you Brooke and Teej! Thanks for a great weekend.
XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Such cute pics and it was so nice to see some of you, haha! Gorgeous as always. Looks like you guys had a great time this weekend. Tell Brooke I said hello. Love ya Abs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhhh - LOVE the haircut, woman!!!! SO cute!!!!!! fun to see your times with brooke and tj. dad always says that if you can have two great friends in life you are truly blessed (he always includes gary in that for himself. :) can't wait to introduce you to naomi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this family so much. It is a treat to get to spend anytime with them. Hugs to you 4 in KC! xoxo Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was anticipating a BIG bite of cupcake after seeing all the fun preparation! Short hair cut looks good on you, Abbey. Blaire looks more like you in every picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed the new carpet! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete