First of all, I apologize for the quality of the pictures. Nate talked me out of bringing my big camera and so I used my new iPhone. Convenient but not great pictures.
I tagged along with Nate on a business trip and it's been about 4 years since we have been on a trip alone without babies. Dear Lord, we needed it! Even though he was working, it was wonderful to spend the evenings together and just have some interaction that didn't include 4 hands yanking on our pants.
I soaked up doing everything relaxing you could possibly imagine..
Lay by the pool, sure.
Read a great book, a must.
Hot Stone Massage, OMG.
Cocktails at sunset, yes!
Dinner with adult conversation, absolutely.
It was heavenly.

I will say quite the retirement area...that's Nate and I in 25 years on those chairs.

The view as we were driving in.

Yes, that's my toe. This is the spa pool. If you got a treatment at the spa then you could come early and use this pool. They played that magical spa music out by the pool. Amazing.

My view at one of the pools.
The resort is called JW Marriott Starpass.
If you are going to Tucson, stay here.

Beautiful.

Nate and I out on the big outdoor area they had...we always sat outside because it's a crime not to when you have such beautiful weather.


I actually stood up by my pool chair and took this picture. There is a golf course right on the property...a guy's heaven! And some of you girls.

I had to get used to the desert landscape. Nate got to taste it pretty well...let's just say he bent over to get a golf ball and stuck his rear in a cactus. I wasn't there but I heard first hand and I'm still laughing about it.

In the distance the lights of Tucson are beautiful.

Our nightly location at the resort. They have great restaurants and a nightly traditional tequila toast...very cool. Tequila was awful but the tradition was neat!

I was done with picture taking, ha!

Then I came home, left my brain in Arizona, and filled my dishwasher with liquid soap. I put out an S.O.S. on Facebook and I fixed it. Thanks to my mom and Nate's mom for taking care of the kids and sending tons of pictures of how happy they were at home! We are so lucky to have such awesome grandmas. You two are the best!
How fun! So glad you all had time to get away! Sorry about the dishwasher! Poor thing!
ReplyDeleteYou look darling. I love your outfits. Such a cutie!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the dishwasher, but glad yall had fun. I think the fact that your head was much upon returning was a direct result of a fabulous time. No?
So glad you could take such a relaxing vacation. You are a super lookin' couple. You both looked so tan and relaxed when you returned on Thursday.
ReplyDeleteI love Arizona! Such a great place. Very jealous of that spa pool!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! It is so beautiful there and I know why my grandma loved it. The dishwasher scene cracks me up! I always think I might do that accidentally, so don't feel bad. I'm sure many people have done it before.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pics! So glad you and Nate were able to get away for a bit and have some adult time. I'm learning that is important, ha!
ReplyDelete