I had this crazy idea and the crazy idea turned into a real idea and then my brother got on board and now the idea has to come to action because he's counting on me...and I'm counting on myself!
I'm running a half marathon before Blaire's 1st Birthday.
Some of you will be like, "No biggie!" Others of you out there, I know you feel my pain. The terror of doing something uncomfortable and scary. Yeah, scares me too.
I will say I can run a 5K with the best of them...I'm not too slow and I'm not crazy fast. I'm loving the 3-4 milers...that's my happy place. You get up in the double digits...I'm not feeling ya.
Here's the deal....
1. Baby #2 hasn't been as easy to get off. I needed some for real motivation.
2. 13.1 miles really isn't THAT far...just around the block several times.
3. Training with two kids under 3 years of age is REALLY HARD. I'm not throwing them in a double stroller, are you kiddin' me?! Noah alone weighs 40 pounds. I'm not getting up at 5am to run in the dark since my daughter likes to get up at 6ish.
4. I love how it makes me feel though. I love feeling accomplished after the small training goals and I love to feel strong.
5. I'm happy to say that if I run, walk, limp or puke my way to the finish line...I will finish and I will finish a half when my daughter is 9 months old.
Let's pray it doesn't end up like this picture...
I will report back after October 16th how Jason and I did with the run.
Here's to getting out of your comfort zone! :)
Annnnd...if anyone wants to join us let me know!


abs - you will LOVE it. i ran four different half marathons with my bff after college. it is so much fun. SUCH an adrenaline rush. you can do it!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I love that you said it "out loud".....all the more inspiration to make it happen. I'll be thinking about you!
ReplyDeleteI'm really thinking about doing it too! You can ask Rob and he will tell you that I have been obsessing about it for a year now. Okay, you said it out loud and now so am I. I am going to do it too. Thanks for making me take that final step and blurt it out loud instead of to my incredibly patient husband.
ReplyDeleteWhich one are u doing? When and where are u training??
ReplyDeleteI had planned on doing the Omaha 1/2 this month but haven't run since may! I SHOULD do it w u.
You totally can do it. Distance running is just as much a mental thing as it is physical.
YOU GO GIRL!!! You Can DO IT!!!! Which one are you doing? You will be an addict after this! We are doing the Tulsa half in November. After two fulls and a lot of halves...I LOVE HALVES. If I never do another full for the rest of my life, I am fine with that. You will do great! I did a full when Allison was 5 months old, it was tough to get there, but the motivation helps. Plus, you run around all day after your children anyway, you are ready! Praying for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you will do fantastic! Me on the other hand, I would die!! I cannot wait for you to post all about it so that I can be envious!
ReplyDeleteSo stinking cool. I have wanted too for a long time. In fact, I've started training several times. Kids keep popping into our family. Hmmm. I am with you...trainging with the littles is HARD. I am a morning girl, but 5 am comes REAL early when they are not sleeping through the night. Praying for you. Where are you running?
ReplyDelete