Saturday, June 25, 2011

World Grand Prix


Nate and I took Noah to see Cars 2 on Friday.  
I got a sitter for Blaire...
I got him a surprise gift...the new McQueen and Francesco!
We got to the theater early....
Nate got popcorn and all the works...
About an hour in, he wanted to go home.

I was like, "Are you kidding?!  This is Cars 2!  Everything you waited your whole life for, right?!"
He looked at me like I was crazy and said "Can we go bye bye?"
I looked at Nate like, "What the heck is this about???"

Long story short..Noah is our movie buff.  He loves movies.  He asks to watch one every night before bed and he always gets to watch a small portion of whatever one he has in his library.  He says the lines and does the actions but I think I realized that he always is up and down, playing with toys, asking for a snack or picking on Blaire while this is going on so when he had to sit still at the theater he maybe got a little bored.  I will say after 45 minutes of previews I was a bit bored myself.  Needless to say we made it through the whole movie and he walked out telling Nate how much he loved it!  A big win for the parents!  Loved the sequel...I don't know that he quite understood the secret agent bit but overall, a great date with my boys.  

2 comments:

  1. Abbey! The same thing happened to us! We got popcorn, drinks, candy, etc and after an hour, Pearce was over it. He has sat through a movie before so I am not sure what happened. Funny! I felt your pain and the $36 we lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously... there should be a law against previews at kid movies! They cannot be expected to sit through all that and the movie!

    ReplyDelete