Last week we had one morning when the temps were in the low 80's so I took advantage of it and headed out to The Berry Patch in Missouri to take the kids blueberry picking. I knew the crop was bad because I called to get a "picking report." (I learned all kinds of things during this festivity) I still thought it would be fun and it was on our Summer To Do List.
The reasons I love Summer To Do lists (for me personally) ...
you do things you wouldn't normally do. (carry a pail with two toddlers when it's hot out)
you go to further, out of the way, places. (south and across the state line)
you try new things (blueberry lemonade).
you make new memories.
I don't get overwhelmed by our list because there isn't too much and if we miss stuff, it doesn't bother me.
Blueberry anyone? I bought a quart.
It couldn't have been any cuter. I felt like I was at my grandmother's house.
Cozy and welcoming.
Beautiful.
Blairey picking a berry. Ha!
Noah just hanging out on the farm.
Literally this barrel train ride was THE. BEST. PART.
Blaire and I rode together and Noah was behind us.
Our ride started out when the sprinklers turned on.
It was just the three of us on our ride. This was my view.
Teenage girl driving a lawn mower drinking a Dr. Pepper.
Seriously?! This is the perfect picture of summer time.
Not to mention, the adorable cat snoozing by the berry scales.
Second sign of perfect picture of a summer day.
We didn't wake her. We only picked about 12 blueberries. The robins have been eating them all.
We went inside to the store and bought some they had picked for us and we looked at the bees.
It was such a fun morning and the perfect amount of time.
I even walked into the farm with a grandmother from Oklahoma who was taking her granddaughter to berry pick! Anytime I run into someone from home, it's great. I ended up saying "Y'all" that whole day.



Such a fun and cute little trip! Love your idea of having a summer to-do list. You're a great mom Abs, love that you constantly try to think of fun and new things for your little sweeties.
ReplyDeleteso touching...such wonderful memories... reminds me of berry pickin' in Missouri when we would visit relatives back in the 1960's. "summer to do list" ~~~ u r such a thoughtful mom.
ReplyDeleteI miss all the fab KC places for kids. One of the best cities in the country for children!
ReplyDelete