Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Most Beautiful Place in the World

After many months of planning, we finally ventured to Lake Tahoe for our 30th Birthday trip.
Six best friends and half of the husbands went to a destination not one of us had ever been to...
RESULT = pure bliss.
I'm convinced this is the most beautiful place I have ever been.


Brooke showing off the grill back deck.  The view was gorgeous.
Love the mountain air!


We decided one morning to rent bikes at the last minute.
At 8 bucks an hour and a beach 2 miles away, we were cruising!
Ya-Ya Sisterhood at its best.


We were literally singing the songs from Now and Then during this shot.


Sweet, lifelong friends.  What would I do without you?!
Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Jackson, Chicago, Norman and KC all represented.
God planted us all together and I'm eternally grateful.


The McMansion we lived in for a week.
Thank you www.vrbo.com.
Highly recommend renting houses from here!


The entire group.  We cleaned up to go to The Chart House Restaurant.
Ummm...amazing view and food.
Stuffed Tilapia anyone?


We may or may not have participated in late night dancing...


...and/or cheerleading stunts.
This is what happens when cheerleaders and pom girls get together.
Did I mention 30 is the new 20?!


We rented a boat on the lake.
It was gorgeous.





We docked in Emerald Bay and got out to look around.
It was straight out of a movie.


Sarah did her favorite thing...she hugged a tree.
She's our "green" friend. 

Lots of chatting and catching up.


I'm depressed that I can't have my morning walks with these girls.
Life was so easy to keep up with on these walks and we do a really mean "What if you see a bear?" skit.
We should take it to Hollywood.


I love you Tahoe.
I love you Brooke, Jilly, Kircher, Lackey and Sarah.
See you in Charleston!
****Two disclaimers:
1.  Nate's mom and my mom did an AMAZING job watching the kids.  This is the reason I could enjoy the vacation.  Love you both.
2.  The boys golfed and did their thing.  They were there and we did enjoy them.  I just didn't get a lot of pics of them.  Love you boys!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you could enjoy...pictures show an awesome time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I have heard Tahoe is fabulous. Not too far from us.......hope we can go soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast! Nothing feeds your soul like time with good friends! Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thankful that you had such a wonderful time. Tahoe is gorgeous, but I haven't been in the summer and I know it has to be that much more breath taking. Love you!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls are all gorgeous! Did you color coordinate the group pic?! :) looks like y'all of course had a blast!

    ReplyDelete