I had a conversation with a friend once about how blogs can be a fairy tale view of what one's life is like...
I was like, "Wow. I never thought of it like that."
Not even thinking about it, I pour out my best pictures, best moments and my best days.
Well, I want you to know... life is not perfect and I hope that you know I'm real.
Sometimes I post pics of my kids that make me laugh when I'm blogging but at that moment I wanted to pull my hair out. I hope you can take away something from my blog that isn't always a "life is perfect" mentality.
Here are a few fairytale good moments...
Nate and the babes.
I have to admit, Nate is the best dad to these kids.
I could never, ever say he didn't do his absolute best with them.
Watching your husband love your children with all of his heart makes me love him even more than I thought I could.
**Not that we don't argue because we do that too!
The kids coloring this morning and not hitting each other. :)
My sister was a teacher and my niece is 4 months younger than Noah so anytime she teaches Brecken something I always want to know! Noah will start preschool this week but I want to do my part at home too. Today we traced the letter of the week, "A." Thanks Amy for your advice!
Here's my "real" segment for the day.
Water.
It's my biggest fear. I literally get a weird feeling when I think about it too much. Pools are great except when I get too far thinking about kids and pools. For me, large bodies of water...lakes, ocean, etc. make me almost cry. There was an episode of crying when we first got on Lake Tahoe, sad, I know. I don't like it. It's become an adult fear of mine. I never had it as a child. There was an incident a few years ago that made me really scared but I really thought I would get over it. I cannot seem to shake it and it's really sad. I try my best to act like it's no big deal but for whatever reason it eats away at me when I know it's coming. Thank you God for sticking us in Kansas! Ha!
I'm hoping to get over my fear soon...maybe it's just a mid life thing?!
Anyway...bottom line of this post is I don't have a fairytale life and I hope I don't have a fairytale blog. I strive to live my life in honor of Christ and when I do that even my biggest fear seems to fade and life becomes amazing. I'm so glad I can rest knowing that God has me in His hands.
Matthew 11: 28-29
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."


Great post. I've discussed this several times with girlfriends. While I don't post when my husband and I are aruging (might be interesting, though!).......I do try to keep it real.
ReplyDeleteHowever, I think the reason blogs work is b/c we see the best of people in them. Blogs insprire me and make me work harder to paint the pretty picture - in real life - as much as on the computer.
I love this post Abbey! I have developed many adult fears..my most recent one is FLYING! Love you and your blog
ReplyDeleteIt wouldnt have something to do with Grand Lake would it!?
ReplyDeleteI like fairy tales,..they make us all have a few minutes of laughter and peace. I enjoy the "Perfect" pictures you paint on your blog -- and, we all realize it's just segments of the "up times" in your life.
ReplyDelete......Keep blogging happily along.....